Monday 14 May 2012

Vegetables

A new week, a new start.

My diet was lacking in vegetables last week and my crisper shows it; my fridge is chock full of vegetables.  They have not gone bad yet so I need to act fast. 

It was also lacking in sweat and activity, so I'm going to add a bit of that to my schedule as well.

I'm really looking forward to eating this soup today and this week.  It's so satisfying and so good for my family and I.  I'm going to freeze some of it and I'll be throwing different things in it all week to switch it up (beans, tofu, spices and who knows what else).

I made vegetable soup, clubhouse sandwiches and served them with potato wedges a little while ago, remember that?  So good!

Fresh Vegetable Soup
from the WW site
2 cloves garlic, minced   
1 medium onions, diced    
2 medium carrots, diced    
1 medium sweet red peppers, diced   
1 rib celery, diced  
2 small zucchini, diced
2 cups green cabbage, shredded
2 cups Swiss chard, chopped
2 cups cauliflower, small florets
2 cups broccoli, small florets
2 tsp thyme, fresh, chopped
6 cups vegetable broth (or chicken)
2 Tbsp parsley, or chives, fresh, chopped (I'll be using chives from my garden!)
1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, optional
- put all into a large soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment