Friday 10 February 2012

Chocolate cookies

Wow! 

I have very little else to say about these cookies except:

Wow.

The dough was a treat all by itself.  Then, I baked them as directed.

Wow again.

Here is my picture, but hers are much better.



Hot Chocolate Cookies
  • 1 cup all-purpose (120g)
  • 2 T cocoa powder
  • packed 1/4 cup pitted dates (45g)
  • scant 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (170g)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3-4 T unrefined coconut oil
In a food processor, blend first five ingredients until dates are finely pulverized. In a separate bowl, combine vanilla, oil, and 3/4 c of the chocolate chips. Melt (I microwaved 1 minute, then stirred). Pour the dry ingredients, as well as the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, into the wet. Stir until evenly mixed, making sure to break up any big clumps. It’ll seem dry at first, but keep stirring until it all looks dark and shiny. Bake at 355 F for 7-8 minutes. (Take out when still undercooked, as these continue to cook as they cool.) 

Wow.

EDIT: Well, it turns out not everyone thinks these cookies are as mind-blowing as I.  My kids love them and I love them, what else is there to say.  I hope you do too!

3 comments:

  1. Hey...how many cookies did this make & did you just drop them or roll them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say I made about 15 cookies about a tablespoon of dough each. I did roll them and they don't spread at all on your pan, so they can be set close together. Enjoy, Anonymous!

      Delete
  2. i have not really the taste or texture of stuff made with coconut oil. I prefer to use it as a moisturizer and I use lots of it in Saskatoon.

    ReplyDelete