From Janet & Greta Podleski's Eat, Shrink and Be Merry come Girl-Guy Cookies, a peanutty gingersnap (though mine never snap).
So good, make a double batch and freeze some.
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla
small bowl cinnamon sugar (1 tsp cinnamon, 2 Tbsp granulated sugar)
1. In a medium bowl, stir together both flours, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt. Set aside.
2. In another medium bowl, beat together brown sugar, peanut butter and butter on medium speed of electric mixer for about 1 minute. Add molasses, egg and vanilla. Beat again until smooth.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
4. Using a wooden spoon, stir flour mixture into peanut butter mixture. You will be making a stiff dough. Using your hands, shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll balls in reserved cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart (they spread a lot when baking). Flatten cookies slightly using a fork.
5. Bake cookies for 7 minutes. They may appear undercooked, but that’s okay. Remove cookies from oven and immediately transfer from pan to a wire rack to cool.